Alexander Krakow + Glick LLP

Public Employees Have The Same Rights To A Safe Workplace

You Are Here: Home » Public Entities

Fighting back against discrimination, retaliation or harassment at work is no easy task. And when your employer is a public entity, matters become more complicated by the civil service rules and administrative hearings. You may not know where to turn. At Alexander Krakow + Glick LLP, we want you to know that you are not alone. You don’t have to be afraid of pursuing justice against a government employer.

The attorneys of AK+G have helped clients pursue claims against various public sector employers, including:

  • Cities

  • Counties
  • The state of California
  • Federal agencies
  • School districts
  • Universities
  • Government agencies

Over years of practice in employment law, we have acquired a keen understanding of the administrative challenges and special procedures that come with pursuing claims against public employers. When you work with us, you put our long track record of success in jury trials, arbitration, mediation and appeals to use for your recovery.

What Is The California Tort Claims Act?

The California Tort Claims Act is an added step government employees must follow when they bring a traditional tort claim (e.g., defamation claim) against an employer that is not specifically protected by the FEHA or Title VII. Before you can sue your government employer, you must file a claim with the correct government agency. In most cases, these claims have to be filed within six months. In light of this, even if you are not currently intending to sue, it is worth considering making one of these filings to keep the option open. Talking with a public entity employment lawyer is the first step in determining the best course of action for your case.

Contact AK+G Today

If you are a public employee and have experienced discrimination, harassment or any other injury at work, we can help. Our firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of public entity employees — we will fight for your fair treatment. Call 310-464-1535 to schedule an appointment at our Los Angeles office, or use our online contact page.